Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Taking advantage of the sun

Summer will be so over before I know it.. I've decided to take advantage of the sun (amongst the rain) in the early morning - considering Qld is in the dark ages when it comes to daylight saving! When I first started this whole fitness thing I was out and about as early as possible most days of the week, as well as working out 3 or 4 nights after work.

Just after 5 this morning I took the bike out for an easy half hour ride. One of my favourite things about exercising in the morning is just seeing everyone else out motivated and doing whatever works for them - from jogging to walking with a group, boot camps, walking dogs, cycling etc.. All ages, shapes and sizes. It's like one huge open air gym. Without the obnoxious smelly weight hogging posers.

I'm feeling good about weigh in tomorrow. I've almost reached the point where the scales just don't matter all that much anymore.. I have to increase my weights in Pump - I barely got a sweat on last night. It may also be time to do a serious of PT sessions to increase my intensity. I'm committed to the Sydney City to Surf this year as well as Bridge to Brisbane. Both are in August - but I want to be able to complete both runs with very little if not zero walking.

No comments: