The weekend was crazy, fun, relaxing and eye opening all at the same time.. There was a lot of catching up with friends of mine that are winging thier way back to the states because the writers strike killed a project here. There was dancing in a club until 4am Sunday morning. That equals at least 2 hrs of cardio there! I did an hour run Saturday morning from Potts Point down through the domain and around the Opera House - and back. I ran with 2 other friends who are better at it then me but that was a good thing - it made me push myself and not give up. My calf muscles are fricken killing me!!
I stayed in a cool brand new little funky hotel The Storrier.. the rooms aren't all that big but they are excellently designed so the lack of space is not all that noticeable. Not that I'd be holding a cocktail party in my room so it worked for me. The location was a 100% perfect for what my weekend entailed. Though the view was directly into junky ally. I'm getting a little over the transparent Kartell Ghost chairs in every new restaurant (however I do love the new accessories they have designed to cover them) and that goes for anything from Space at the moment.. I'm a lover of design and appreciate new movements - and actually do like those chairs - but they will wear thin very quickly if they pop up everywhere! (they are not the chairs the hotel had in their room - pictured below.)

I ran again last night - in lieu of going to Pump which for once I just wasn't in the mood for. I didn't challenge myself enough on the run and found it a little too easy so I then went surfing for new running podcasts to run to... I have a few samples to try - will let you know. I'm thinking of doctoring the C25k podcasts to make them go for more then 1/2 an hour...
4 comments:
so you dont like my ghost chairs huh? hehe
reece and i also noticed this too and were peed off seeing all the ghost chairs in surry hills etc in cafes... grrrr it was OUR thing! hehe
Sweet looking hotel. I can't believe you ran that far and those arms are looking FIERCE!!
Tiny - if I hadn't been in 3 restaurants in one week that had them everywhere I'd still love them! The new funky covers you can get for them are the only thing helping me not completely hate them :)
Steph - I'm going for Fierce these days! x
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! I've missed uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Wow, that hotel looks funky!!
Glad that you had a good time!!
Need to catch up real sooooon!
S X
Post a Comment