
When you're expecting it to rain for 4 days solid and then you get spectacular weather with perfect sunshine and summer breezes you know you're in for a good holiday.
I just commuted to work from Byron because quite frankly I don't want my holiday to end just yet.. I'll be back down there tonight for dinner and cocktails and then we'll pack the dog and all and head back tomorrow morning.
Every day we leisurely saunted to the beach in the mornings. Took the dog body surfing which gaves us all tons of chuckles. She's a brave girl - ready to take on rolling waves and then let them carry her back into shore. We actually had to make her take a break so she wouldn't exhaust herself and get carried away by the strong rips. After beach frolicking we'd retire to the back deck, cook up a storm, open the first round of brews and decide on the band line up for the day.. The Texan and I only hit the festival Friday and Sunday - the rest of our time we were either on the beach - in town - eating, drinking - at the beach house, sleeping, eating, drinking. Highlights most definitley Sinead O'Conner, Gotye, Cat Empire, Loudon Wainwright,The Basics, Don McClean. I rang my mum through his set and played it to her over the phone :) every mother loves it when her drunk daughter calles late at night to play Starry Starry Night over the mobile air waves.. right?
The weekend went a little like this:

1 comment:
Sounds like a fun Easter.
I so desperately want to see the Cat Empire live but keep messing it up and missing out.
Not happy about that little fact at all.
Post a Comment