Date night was spent at a fantastic restaurant - far surpassing last weekends severe disappointment.
If you are looking for an amazing meal of tantalising delicacies in Brisbane then you have to try Salon in Teneriffe/ Newstead - whatever the suburb is called on the day.
The Texan had Wild Boar and I had the most amazing Slow Cooked Roast Beef - it practically melted and was served with a juicy, sweet and savoury red wine jus. The Boar was not at all gamey - it was tender, soft and perfectly served with an tagliatelle pasta that I'm sure was made on the premises. Every meal is designed to be shared which is my favourite way of eating out.
We started with a couple of vegetarian tapas (to offset our highly carnivorous mains) and the whole thing was accompanied by a spectacular bottle of Italian Red - an 04 Bizantino Primitivo.
If I could eat at this restaurant every week I would never get bored. They get it that right. The waiters were not over familiar yet fun and interesting to chat with. They knew the menu well and perfectly described the wine. Thus earning by far one of the largest tips I have ever left. I'm dying to give their Breakfast a go. The Texan is away in Melbourne next weekend so it will have to wait until his return..
I knew I was bound for a weekend of high intensity exercise. Which made enjoying each morsel of food that much more fun. With food like they serve at Salon though, if you are counting calories and not revelling in it's greatness then you have to remember what life is all about and put the calorie counting aside for a few hours. The simplicity and exquisitness of each of their dishes is to be savoured, enjoyed and then raved about. I didn't go overboard however - leaving their amazing cheese plate for when I reach goal..
Not sure if you get the picture - but I quite liked this restaurant.
No comments:
Post a Comment