Monday, March 3, 2008

The Work Out Weekend™

AKA: How to be walking like a slapper after a weekend with Sailors when there were no Sailors involved...

I is hurtin.. in that good(ish)way. Saturday morning - after a stint in Emergency because I had a houseguest who was convinced her appendix would burst (note to all: I discovered I'm not all that great under medical emergency situations) - I went to the gym - having missed out on the ride I was going to do early that morning. Instead I did a new program of free weights for about an hour and then tortured myself got friendly with the Step Up machine for approx 1/2 hr. Butt = Ouch!

Saturday eve I had a lovely time with a small group of friends on the back deck. Barbecued a delicious meal and planned our upcoming Blues Fest experience. We've hired a house for a week over the Easter period. We were such grown ups and it was all over by 9.30pm and I was in bed around 11!! You have to know that NEVER happens - especially with my friends.

Sunday then was exercise city - in between shedding the house of unwanted items for community swap meet kerb-side pickup. For some reason I find this whole event highly amusing as the entire neighbourhood spends the weekend cruising by each others houses casually scouting for rubbish that they will then put in their own houses until the next kerb-side pick up.

One of my besties and I did a 30km ride and then when we returned to my place we ran for 20 mins.. oh yes I was FEELING it! My thighs feel like bricks right now - moving them I swear is like climbing Everest.

No comments: