I am living that life again. You know the one -- when you're at a BBQ and you don't bore everyone with your diet and just have the sausage - leaving at home your own perfectly portioned chicken you would have brought to grill.. you may take that piece of seared haloumi with a touch of lemon juice and enjoy it's creamy hotness.. you don't baulk at cheese and crackers and mix the most perfect blue vein with quince paste.. you also enjoy some beer, followed by wine and finished tucking into a little bit of left over beetroot, mint and fetta salad.Then wake up this morning and weigh in at 61 and think holy hell! After a week of Blues Fest and not having time at work to plan lunches and eat on the fly, plus not a single spare moment to workout.. it's almost a miracle! Except I don't believe in miracles - but I do believe that life is just for living and enjoying.
All of the above in moderation and once in a while is not going destroy all my hard work - what it does prove is that I can just not obsess over the diet and fitness for a moment. Plus I do now just inherently have a diet of fresh vegies and lean protein. I make excellent choices just by habit. So having a holiday from myself has been bliss. I'm taking the next two days off as well - though I may start throwing in the workouts because I actually enjoy them.
Life is good today... not everyday - but I'm owning it today that Life.Is.Good.
1 comment:
I am one extreme or the other. I either totally, completely and thoroughly over-indulge, OR I am one of Those People who deprive myself, whine about it later, and then blow up by eating the entire contents of my refrigerator.
I need to take a page from your book.
Post a Comment