Well well well... I used the Polar in Pump last night. I did pause it between sets because I have always been curious as to the exact amount of minutes spent really working out in a Pump class..
So the Polar says:
Duration: 46mins
Calories: 210
Max HR: 142
Avg HR: 109
Which makes a lot of sense because despite heavy weights and a good workout - my heart rate doesn't get that high in Pump. Thursday night I'm going to set the Polar to Body Workout and measure Pump that way. Calorie King gives a calorie count of 418 for 45 minutes of Pump.. I'm also thinking maybe I shouldn't pause the watch during sets or I seriously need to work harder!
For the record: yes I'm a little obsessive about gadgets and experimenting with them!
If any one has Polar HR monitor tips I'm all ears!
3 comments:
Dont pause between sets babe, your heart rate will still be up between sets so you'll still be burning the cals!
I cant wait to get one!
S X
S - Yep I agree.. I'm going to do that at Thurs nights class xxxx
I've got the same watch which I've had for a few years but it doesn't have a body workout setting.
I don't really take too much notice of max/average heart rate or calories when I lift weights. The benefit of building calorie burning muscle tissue far outweighs the reduced calorie burn during the session. I vote for some pausing between sets because it enables you to lift more weight.
K
xxxx
Post a Comment