and 62.. Which is good. very good. Sure it isn't 55 but it's 62 - it isn't 80.
Last night I ran around the neighbourhood of obscene wealth (except for moi) - seriously I need to do a poll in my area of just how everyone around me seems to be 'snapping' up million dollar plus New Farm homes.. Maybe because they have tenants like me paying the bulk of their mortgages..
Point of this post is my run though. I fully loaded up the shuffle with Podrunner Intervals week 5 believing I would ease into the week with a 3 x 5 min run.. I was hurting from Pump the night before etc.. Instead I ran the full 25 min run (including a hill) of the podcast with a 4 min warm up. I was about to do the warm down walk which takes me past my gym so I popped in and then did 10 mins of intervals on the treadmill. Going up a km each min and then warming down. Walked home. Felt smug. Told housemate I had a brilliant run and was pumped from it. He commented that noone should feel as excited about exercise as I do - and I quote - 'it's unnatural'. It isn't so much the exercise as knowing that I pushed through an expectation and barrier I had set myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment