Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'd like to thank...

Seriously a huge thank you is in order. Just as I was feeling mighty smug with losing 20kilos - dropping down to a size 10 when early last year I was a 14/16. Plus I was only just recently marveling at a certain sexy pair of sass and bid jeans that fit me perfectly. Oh yes and I got all dishy with myself telling the Texan I was awesome for getting skinnyish.. I may have even paraded around in some sexy panties and not much else to prove the point.

So this is a thank you to Myer Brisbane City - in particular your 3 way dressing room mirrors. Not only did I cop a lovely eyeful of what is really my body I also got to see it do an impersonation of China's earthquake as I pulled my jeans back on.

My self esteem just crashed faster then Britney behind the wheel of a car. Serve me right for being so cocky! I predict a complete overhaul of my training program and the possible future employment of a new personal trainer. Lucky them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss N, I believe the mirrors at Myer to be an instrument of torture. I'd bet my last cent that you are a squillion times more gorgeous than those mirrors (with their hideous lighting, don't forget) portray.

I sometimes think that they want you to feel awful about yourself so that you comfort shop for expensive homewares. It is all a marketing ploy.

Andrea said...

If you don't like Myer - then definitely don't go into Sportsgirl or Sussan in the mall - they are cellulite city! Don't believe any mirrors where fluro's are involved!
Go and get a spray tan and then go back and show those mirrors who is boss!

cupcake said...

It's a conspiracy to make us feel badly about ourselves, leading us to buy more and more workout gear, leading us to buy more and more new clothes to go with our new shapes.

Sucks.

But I think you're doing fabulously. And I also think it's always a good idea to shop online, where there are no dressing rooms.

Anonymous said...

LOL, I fucking HATE those changing room mirrors. They are designed to make us look shit.

A serious flaw.

S X

Miss N said...

miss mongret - I think you're completely right - the bastards!

andj and m - I vow to spray tan, wax and take mind altering drugs the next time I go anywhere near the change rooms.

cupcake - thanks! online is definitely a much friendlier place to shop.

Skinny - they are! and even worse the ones designed with soft focus and low lighting end up making purchase outfits i should never be seen in! :)