So I was having a chat to my spunky mum on the phone last night - finding out the details of my nephews situation. He's still in ICU and as of 7pm last night was heading into surgery to have a part of his skull removed in order to relieve pressure on the swelling in his head - I've had no other news this morning. During this conversation I find out 2 things - that my brother is a C*^T - he hasn't even been to the hospital - let alone answer his phone. He had a bitter split from the mother of his child. He can honestly fuck himself right now. The other thing my mother and I discussed went something like this:
Me (lightening the conversation): So what are you doing on your holidays coming up?
Her: Putting my car in actually - need to get it fixed from the accident..
Me: What accident?
Her: Oh - didn't I tell you?? I got hit by a truck on the Ipswich Highway a month ago which sent my car into a 360 spin and hitting the embankment. The truck driver was charged with undue care.
Me: Mum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We clearly need to communicate more often...
1 comment:
Oh Noes Miss..
That sounds terrible. I hope yr nephew is ok. Families are real fuckers sometimes hey? and I am always shocked at how people react (or not in yr brothers case) Much love to you, take care of you.
Me thinks yr flatty is a dick...
Congratulations on yr run. I thought your time was awesome, at least YOU went. I was prolly hung over somewhere. Huzzah!
Hugs
xx
Post a Comment