Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Girly Girl

Yesterday I participated in quite a girly day. I went along to an 11am screening of Sex in the City - followed by a cocktail fueled lunch for a girlfriends birthday.. It pretty much went like this:
  • Mini Bus arrives from the Gold Coast with a bunch of friends already pissed on Cosmos at 10.45am.
  • I was waiting outside the cinema for them - sober - I instantly regretted being there.
  • The girls then proceed to buy more cosmos at the candy bar. I buy water.
  • See movie - roll eyes for approx the first half hour. Shed a tear or two - damn female buttons are pushed. Eye roll a bit more. Laugh here and there. Miss my best friends. Cry again - damn it! Admire some shoes - a few outfits. Get completely sucked in but glad it's over when it is. Predictable enough. Entertaining enough. I'm not even going to buy into the debate of what sort of message it sends. It's a piece of fluff that doesn't claim to be anything else.
  • Finally time to go to lunch - I spent the last 1/2 hr of the film starving! Watching an emancipated SJP didn't help - the women needs food!
  • Plan quick escape clause for after lunch - inform host I'll have to leave by 3..
  • Buy overpriced cocktail and vow not to do that again today.
  • Eat food I probably shouldn't but don't care. I didn't chow down on all the chips and junk the others did during the movie!
  • Settle into a nice Pinot Grigio. Start to put escape plan into action when things get a bit loud. Afterall this is my neighbourhood and I just wasn't in the mood to be one of THOSE ladies in the bar.
  • Get the opportunity to flee when everyone else wants to head into the bar for more cocktails.
  • Home by 4pm. Thank God.

No comments: