After a really good 6 or so weeks of dedicated exercise - plus the many months before that of great weeks, good weeks and not so good weeks.. I'm feeling the need to scale it down for 5 days to a week.. I still need to lose 4 kilos and I still love exercising but there is this little gut feeling that I should pull back momentarily.
I've been averaging around 2000 calories burnt in organised exercise a week. Which is on target for me to maximise my fitness - according to my beloved Polar. My motivation has been high and I've mixed the routine up a little. I am still considering changing gyms - for the main reason that it suits my schedule better. I know I need a good run of PT sessions as well to push me further. Especially as I'd like to be better at interval training. I also have the Gold Coast Marathon in approx 5 weeks and I'm running the 10km in it as well as doing the 7.5km walk after the run.
So all of that said - To Break or Not to Break?
Being me I scoured the interwebosphere and came across many articles for the idea and some against. I know all about 'listening' to my body - I'm not actually in pain or have any injuries. Bar the hip bruise from falling over in an elevator - yes at the wedding.. I mainly want a break because the weight has plateaued again and this rain makes me want to relax, read a good book, eat delicious (healthy) food and then sleep. Kind of like taking the time to recharge, possibly work out a new exercise routine - in my head, rethink goals - not unlike what is going on in my career life really!
My weight this morning was 62 kilos.. still
2 comments:
My PT has suggested I take a 4-5 day break every 4 weeks - it is what he does.
Em - I've heard it isn't a bad idea just paranoid of losing strength!
Post a Comment