Ok so I've well and truly tried out the competitive gym. In fact last night I got caught fraternising with the enemy by my regular Pump teacher. How was I to know she took 2 classes on a Monday night at BOTH gyms! :) (which means I haven't made up my mind about taking a break). I went along to the Pump class there to see if I would like it at the possible new gym... seeing as it's my usual teacher I guess it was all good.. So where am I at then. Yawning yet?
Current Gym
Pros
Friendly
Comfortable
Machines are in good condition
Pump teachers are excellent
Same for all other trainers
Clean
25 mtr pool on the river
CHEAP - $30 a fortnight
Cons
Classes don't exactly suit my schedule - ie: no Pump at 6am
Getting too crowded
Very basic - just machines, free weights areas and Pump, Spin, Yoga
Small shower room and dressing room - though it's never too busy
Can't get to free weights in peak times
Possible new Gym
Pros
Trying something new is always good
Huge Space
Lots of different types of machines
Able to track progress across weeks on the machines
Big variety in Group classes - suit my schedule
Free Breakfast every morning
Dedicated Yoga/ Body Balance Studio
Large area for free wieghts
Japanese Bath House and Day Spa attached
Cons
Not sure about the vibe - friendliness seems a bit forced
EXPENSIVE - $78 a fortnight with Bath House, $55 without Bath House - but can pay $50 to use it when I want
Would I even bother with the breakfast??
Um.. so that's about it for the cons
Did I mention I'm an annoying Libran...
4 comments:
From another annoying Libran I say you should go for the new gym and bugger the expense. There are some things in life worth paying for - a good hairdresser, leather shoes and a gym that provides an oasis in a world of madness.
Think of all the money you save from not buying crappy takeaway lunches.
I look at it this way. How much would you pay if someone could guarantee you woke up one day with the healthy strong body you always wanted? Well that is what you are doing on the "layby" plan. Cost vs Benefit - the benefit is SO worth the cost.
(Wish my gym had a bath house!)
join the flash one! when you wreck your life by falling 'in lurve' and having spawns, you will have nothing for yourself and no time to wish you did...
New one! New one! New one! You can't put a price on your fitness, health and therefore happiness. If it is better, I would pay the extra and justify it as an investment in myself. Take it from someone who does PT sessions twice a week and therefore spends waaaay more than what your gym will cost you ;)
Katie - Good points! I'm thinking the money I am saving by cutting down on wine is enough to pay for it.
Kitty - When I'm old, barren and spawnless I'll just have the tready and me... kind of sad really! :)
Em - Too true - when I think of how much I don't spend in PT sessions these days it makes sense.. mind you a good 6 weeks of PT would help me ALOT!
Post a Comment