Monday, June 9, 2008

Today I don't mind the Queen

I have my own Queen having a birthday this weekend.. my bestie - though she is 2 states away I am celebrating for her even if she did send me the following text: the only thing that keeps me going is knowing that you're older than me :-))). See that there is pure friendship SLAPPER!

I've had a lovely long weekend. Had a girlfriend over Friday afternoon and then the Texan and I quickly popped around to a party. Saturday we chilled - all day. Then we both did a serious clean up of the house and then chilled more that evening. The Texan cooked ribs - Texas style - he's quite pleased with himself. Sunday I went for a 20 km ride around this fair city - having to jump on a ferry at the 18km point to get back to my side of the river. Excellent ride - burnt 600 calories. Have to be happy with that! So with all the not drinking last week and keeping my calories under 1400-1500 each day except one where it went easily up to 1900 you would expect I'd lose probably 500grms.. Well the scales say I'm 60.4 - which is the lowest they have read all week. I can't get excited.. I skipped dinner last night because I was out and I drank wine and very little water - so I'm banking on it being dehydration.

Today is all about Sex in the City and cocktails and lunch with girlfriends afterwards.. i'm in 2 minds about going because one of the girls who will be there is a recent ex girlfriend of one of my closest girlfriends who subsequently isn't going because the break up wasn't amicable.. aaaahhh dramas in heels! Do I not go out of loyalty? That is what my gut is telling me...

No comments: