Friday, June 6, 2008

Don't you just love Fridays!

I get paid a decent amount of $$ to do very little some days.. Seeing as I'm unemployed in approx 10 weeks I don't mind.. Except I get a little bored and there is nothing worse sometimes then having idle days - especially on a gorgeous day like today!

I had a little celebrity house guest last night. Let's just say the other 2 dogs in the house went nuts. It was pure bedlam! Fun but I won't be putting my hand up again - mainly because I don't want my crazy dogs untraining the guest that will one day have a serious job..

Speaking of things household related... Why is it that women just generally take over and control their environment?? I'm the one who arranges repairs with the real estate, I'm the one who takes the car to the mechanic, I get all the TV/Stereo/DVD/ Cable etc hooked up and working properly, it was me who sorted out wireless, me who decided on the layout of the furniture/where everything goes in the kitchen. I know I'm a control freak but I also know most women do these roles.. So much so that I feel like I live alone except for the 2 beings that wander through the house taking advantage of the technology and food - granted they cook and clean.. What exactly would happen if I took a month off being the Man of the House?

Anywhoo -- I'm off to find something productive to do around here and then hopefully take an early mark. Then it is wine with a girlfriend after work and the long weekend to embrace. I'm changing gyms tomorrow - so fingers crossed my future employment looks good.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Oh no, not THAT cute little lab was it? How do people that train them ever hand them back?

I would love to do it but think I would become too attached.

As for being man of the house, trust me, you don't want to see what happens if you stop doing your thing.

Life will go on but you not as you would like it.

Enjoy the weekend - I know I will!

Miss N said...

Josh - he was adorable!! I had to hand him back before he was corrupted. I am also accepting of the fact that I am actually Alpha Male of the House - With Boobs.