Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend - or how to start every paragraph with I

I got through yesterdays entertaining fairly well.. things weren't looking good leading up to guests arriving but I sucked it up and all good. A fab afternoon had by all - despite my flatmate growing stranger on a daily basis..

I had the best session at the gym Saturday morning. I was there early - had a little bit of breakfast, went to pump, did another workout for an hour after pump and then more breakfast and a saunter home - excellent start to the weekend! Followed by shopping and visiting a girlfriend.

I was waiting all weekend to hear more about the other reality job.. didn't hear anything until I got in to work this morning. The gist is that it would require living in a undesirable place from August to November. The $$ is the same as here but with living away from home expenses on top of that. I know most of the people. I know how to do the job. It will be much busier then I am here which is a major bonus (I'm sooo dragging my heels right now it takes me a week to do something that would normally take 5 mins!). It would severely disrupt my training.. So I'm still reserving judgement until I chat further with the line producer who apparently will call me from the UK sometime this week.

I was chatting to one of my besties in the industry and questioning why we put ourselves through this freelance caper - always choosing between A, B & sometimes C and hanging our hopes on wondering if we have made the right choice. Much like those choose your own adventure books.. Her answer to me is we do this because we have commitment issues.. I'm not sure if I fully agree. I just know I like the work - not always - some jobs have sucked so bad - some bosses have made Donald Trump look like a pussy cat. Sometimes there is no A, B or C to choose from, be in the process of 'being considered for or even chase - that sucks. Right now I'm going to throw it out there to the universe and see what it delivers. I'll still actively participate in the process but my gut is telling me I don't have the full information as yet.

No comments: