I ran the Gold Coast 10km today in 1hr 6mins.. not exactly the best time but I was very happy with my time when I reached the 5km mark - it was under 30. I need to work on getting the 10km under 60mins..
I had planned to have a quiet Saturday and not play up at all so I would be in the best state of mind and physical form as I could be.. hmmm didn't happen.. there was random fun to be had and fun it was. 5 and a half hours sleep later I had to wake at 6 to drive to a friends place on the goldy then ride our bikes to the starting line. I managed it all and only really started to feel pain during the 7.5km walk after the 10k.
Great day.. After a long hot bath and the roast dinner the Texan is cooking I'll be in heaven - or asleep.. oh for a 3 day weekend..
Update: So I placed around the 215 mark out of 421 female runners in my age group.. middle of the pack is better then back of pack I guess!
1 comment:
Congratulations. Awesome effort, just quietly i think you rock!!
Love as always
xxx
Post a Comment