Thursday, August 28, 2008

by tomorrow I meant today

It's so hard being on holidays! Seriously - no time at all to sit at my desk pretending to work and instead blog away.. So much time to hang out with friends, go on a beach town holiday, drink ridiculous amounts of wine and vodka, shop and eat. What a horrible time I've been having!

For starters I had this view every day..




When I wasn't sitting on the deck overlooking the most amazing view of Byron Bay I was doing a little bit of this..



Now why am I riding on the beach?? Well you see we went on a 50 km round trip ride to Lennox Heads and back..On the way back we ducked down into Broken Head for a look - there are some of the most amazing hidden beaches there that I like to visit each time i'm in the area.. The deal is however that the road into Broken Head is a good 2km downhill so bugger if we were going to ride back UP it.. We'd just been ducking out of the way of trucks for the past couple of hours on the coast road - exhaustion was just setting in! Instead we hit the beach as you can ride at low tide from there right to a national park in byron itself that has great riding paths to town.. Note to all - as beautiful riding on the beach is it's a serious killer on the thighs!

I've been home a couple of days and all ideas of going to the gym or running have gone seriously out the window. At first it was because I had a brilliant night out seeing this guy live:



Honestly how can a girl of the 80's not be in awe to see a man who's posters used to line her walls! The Jam, Style Council, Paul Weller.. He is a genius. Still. The band were amazing - tight and it was possibly one of the best gigs I have ever been to out of the thousands I have witnessed!

The only thing on the agenda today is a few DVD's, possibly shopping and maybe a Pump class tonight.. nothing is set in stone though - it's holidays!

Tomorrow I'm off to Sydney for approx 36 hilarious hours - stay tuned!

2 comments:

Me said...

With thighs like them and a bottle of beer like that, I know I could certainly have me a good holiday also ;)

Hope you enjoy your time in my city of Sydney.

Miss N said...

Orhan - Sydney will be great I'm sure! It's not a beer and sunset kind of trip but it'll still be fun.