Cut to: 5.30am Friday morning - my alarm goes off and I dress (having showered and blowdried the night before - I'm nothing if not organised sometimes!). My phone beeps at 6am with a message that my darling nicki - best friend extraordinaire - is on route to my house in taxi. We are bound for the airport..
I haven't seen Nicki in a few months - separate lives and routines keep us apart. We land in Sydney and there is a driver there to collect us along with another couple from Melbourne who also won this trip. It was a long but not so painful drive to Manly. Then we arrived at our accommodation..and if you ever want to film a 1980's style school camp horror movie remake then this would be the place for it. We were in the old Quarantine Station of Sydney - meticulously restored and beautified. Attention to detail is an understatement to how they have handled this site.. Just one MAJOR issue was going on.. It was remote. We were due at a function in Kings Cross but a long way out of the city - far away from easy transport to where we had to go. Plus I have to say it was eerie.. so so eerie. Q Station would be great for a work conference or even an illicit affair if that's your thing. It's isolated, quiet and just not where you want to stay for what we were doing. Saying that - we made the most of it! As we had to be at the wharf for a water taxi to Circular Quay at 5.30 we were pretty much stranded until then. We went to reception and ordered a taxi to downtown Manly. We lunched on the beach - shopped and then headed back to the horror movie set to get ready.. The water taxi collected us and so began our series of crazy drivers for the next 24 hrs.. He insisted I drive - so here we are in a fast moving water taxi with me at the helm.. Nothing like cruising the harbour at sunset.

We're taken to a club in Kings Cross for the record launch.. and honestly Nicki and I were just there to be polite before we bailed to meet friends elsewhere.
To be continued later.....
No comments:
Post a Comment