I just had a rather decadent weekend.. Do you ever have weekends that make you feel like you've just been away on a mini break - in your own city??
I bounded (pretty much literally - you should see me bound) out the door once my work week was done. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a faint smell of burning tyre rubber left lingering amongst the sound stages as I did a fast exit onto the highway!
The Italian and I had a home made pizza and movie night which was fun.. I headed home in the morning to run some errands before the decadent lunching was to begin with the Italian and our mutual friends. We dined on amazing food - drank great wine after a cocktail starter.. We rounded off the afternoon/ evening in Princess D's and her Husbands fabulous courtyard - under a shady fig.. It ended up being quite the late evening! Only to be repeated again Sunday afternoon for more feasting at an impromptu Birthday BBQ in the same courtyard.. Home by 7.30pm Sunday night in need of lots of sleep and no more cocktails/ wine/ food! I may just need a holiday after my weekend.. Nothing signifies the beginning of summer then long decadent lunches and BBQ's..
However - I am going to have to completely ramp up the workouts this week to save my hips from absorbing the delights from the feasting.. But hell it's summer - the bikini shopping is going ahead this Saturday (we missed our 13th Dec date in lieu of above festivities)
No comments:
Post a Comment