Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The 2009 Running Plan

A week ago I got back into running.. It is my goal to be consistent, get my weekly kilometers up and work on pace. So I have embarked on a 12 week plan. I intend to run the City to Surf in Sydney this year and am considering (with push from bestie southern mates) to do the half in the Melbourne marathon.

Week 1 last week I eased into with the 2 smaller runs and then surprised myself with a long run on the weekend. Total kilometers for the week were around 17.. It's a start.

This week training plan for running is pretty much a repeat of Week 1. 2 x 25/30 min walk/runs and 1 x 40min run. Days being Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday. In between days the usual free weights, cycling etc..

I will run my way into the 50's! Damn it!