I've returned lovelies.... I sat on an island for about 9 days.. I ate a ton of food - some of it was fairly healthy.. I played a LOT of trivial pursuit.. I played Poker - and won - more then a few times.. I drank maybe too much wine.. resulting in saying things that were on my mind - but didn't have a completely disastrous effect.. yet. Sometimes the truth just won't stay bottled up.
All of this was with The Italian.. I wasn't so sure of how long I would be joining him on his holiday.. I didn't know if I would be bored within 3 days (not with him - just with being idle).. I wasn't entirely sure if spending so long together was a good idea. Sometimes it pays to go with the flow.. I could of stayed longer and we were wishing we were going to get stranded by the Cyclone.. After more then a week of waking at dawn, *talking* for a couple of hours and then blissfully sleeping in a little bit more, we had developed a holiday pattern that I was very used to and enjoying.. Hell who wouldn't!
Our days were filled with reading, reading and reading.. a couple of bike rides.. a hike to a glassy lake - only to be scared away by the site of bogans - they were harmless but one can't skinny dip in their vicinity.. A few drives around the Island as The Italian took snaps.. The afternoons were usually reserved for snacking, beach visiting and then a quick stop at the pub overlooking the ocean before returning to the Chill Out House (my name for the house The Italian had smartly rented). I was glad we weren't in a 'resort'. We had practically the street to ourselves, one block back from the beach in a an out of way community that I think only has about 20 houses - it was peaceful and comfortable.
We cooked great meals, we survived some nights on crackers. We watched less TV then I thought we would - but got into a few interesting DVD's.. The only news we paid attention to was over the weekend with the papers, read from end to end, other then that we stayed blissfully unaware.. Until we heard about the oil slick in Moreton Bay which is devastating and tragic.
The Italian is great company.. it's gone beyond the FB stage, but still casual.. Spending time together is fun - where it goes I still don't really know - how it is now is good... well better then good. He makes me shake with laughter sometimes and that my friends is a sure fire way to keep me interested..
Diet starts: Now.
63.4 kg this morning - Ouch!
3 comments:
Yay! You're baaaaaaaaaaack!!!
xxx
I just did a 3 week stint in QLD/NSW but no islands for me.
Glad you are back too...
:o)
Cheers
Shona
Kitty - you know it baby! Bells on and all - over my navel gazing!! xx
SFran - hope it was for a fun holiday? I can't see your blog :( But yay to having you around! x
Post a Comment