Monday, March 16, 2009

Getting out of bed isn't easy!

I have such a bad habit of falling asleep on the couch now that I live alone... actually I used to do it when I lived with The Texan as well - only he would usually get up around midnight to tap me on the shoulder.. lately I've been waking up around 1-2ish am to tottle off to bed... doesn't help that my couch is Oh SO comfy!

I believed I was going to go to a 6am Body Pump class this morning.. didn't. Instead walked to The Valley to go sign on the for the dole. Erg. Double Erg. Just going to that place is enough to make me feel all superior.. except - I am unemployed and I need to sign up in case unemployment lasts longer then I hope it does.. so I just felt like the scum of the earth instead..

The weekend was great. I made it to Body Pump and then did an hour ride after.. I then caught up with an old friend from my teenage years who I really should stay in more regular contact with.. Saturday night cooked dinner for the Italian and then went and laughed at Adam Hills for an hour or so. Too Funny.. We lazed about Sunday morning, listening to music, reading papers.. Then we went and saw W. - which is worth it.

This week I'll be waiting to hear news on one particular job option... if that doesn't pan out then I'll get serious about looking..

Workout plan today is an hour of cardio followed by a Body Pump class - or Body Pump then Spin.. I LOVE having the time off to fit it all in!

62.5 this morning..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Centrelink in the Valley is evil. I was registered there as a single parent because I lived in Hamilton and thought that was my closest. They sucked the life out of me, making me come in all the time, even though I had a newborn and didn't have to start looking for work until my child started school. I changed to a different one a little bit further out and found the staff much more pleasant to deal with. Good luck with it though!

Me said...

Adam Hill does a priceless rendition of the national anthem; sung to Working Class Man. Absoultely priceless. And I've been meaning to see W. but there wasn't a wide release at the cinemas down here. Will have to download or hire it.