So like most woman who live with champagne taste on a beer budget I've been known to live a little beyond my means.. particularly back in the days when I didn't have a good paying job and too much time on my hands! Unfortunately this lead to a little issue with credit.. the getting of it too easily and the disposing of it even easier... I learnt my lesson - paid it all back and have generally been living credit/ debt free for some years now. I was particularly proud of not having a credit card... not that anyone would give me a credit card! Oh no - apparently having a little money saved, consistent on-time bill paying, a decent wage and owing not a cent I wasn't allowed back into that world.. Yearly I would check up on my credit file and armed with it I would head to the bank and say 'See - Me - Good' (that is especially when that Telstra blip from an old share house will disappear off the file in 2010).. They didn't think so and I was sent away to rely on my Visa debit for plane bookings and online purchasing..
Last week I decided to try again and went down to my local branch. Something really bizarre happened - I got the most helpful Customer Service person I have ever had in my life.. For a week now she has been working incredibly hard to help me get approved as she could see quite clearly there was no reason why I shouldn't be (plus she had a healthy dose of hating the bank computer system) - she went to the top and followed through with her claim that she would 'make it happen'. She would call me every second day to give me an update. We battled with the ridiculous Telstra blip and laughed at the absurdity of it all.. I had a lovely phone call from her this morning to say everything went through and I am now considered worthy enough to give them 18%pa on top of the cost of my shoes!
No comments:
Post a Comment