In 1999 on this day I was cruising up the coast to spend the millennium on an easterly point of the sunshine coast.. camping out, chasing a man who would never love me like I deserved and would affect most of the early 2000's.. I was settling into my chosen career but didn't predict I would end up for a short stint in San Francisco not long after.. I had only just returned from 2 years in Edinburgh, Scotland. I didn't believe in Y2K and barely gave it a thought.. I also didn't exercise or give much thought to my weight as I was still in my 20's dancing at least 2-3 nights a week.. I was a little lost (due to the man issue) but had high hopes for not just life but the next decade at least. I wasn't to be disappointed.
Dec 31, 2009.. I'll be cruising up the street to attend a house party of complete strangers.. except for The Italian, who is a man that I not only wish I met a decade ago but just love more and more each day as we continue to have fun. It's been an interesting decade - I'm looking forward to the next!
In short I think it went a little bit like this and I know I'm leaving a lot out!:
2000 -- danced a lot, drank a lot, made new friends that are still important to me, worked hard, continued my 'relationship/ affair' with S, probably sampled a few too many illegal whatits.. Got a phone call to ask me to move to San Francisco..
2001 -- 5 mths in San Francisco, ended in tears and almost destroyed my longest best friendship. Went to Mexico to try to cheer myself up.. Returned home and back into the toxic 'relationship/affair' with S.. actually had numerous toxic relationships that year.. Luckily got work not too long after returning home and luckily had some great friends around me to keep me sane.. Worked on a fabulous little movie as the assistant to an Oscar winning actor..
2002 -- moved to the Gold Coast, what the hell was I thinking!? worked on a huge Hollywood movie that unfortunately is very underrated but was the experience of a lifetime. Met an amazing group of people that would become dear dear friends across the globe and home. Dated MA for 10mths.. thought it was a winner -- until he cheated.. I'm sure I ended up back in toxic S land for a while..
2003 -- moved back to Brisbane and worked solidly on a long running mini series, continued to dance a few nights away, continued some disastrous 'love affairs', just lived and wondered where life would take me..
2004 -- moved to Sydney to work on another Hollywood failure.. early part of the year saw me pregnant to S.. and that wasn't to be.. recovered from that and went on to have one of the hardest work years of my life but one the most fun years as I finally discarded S, had the best housemate in the world and enjoyed living it up in Old Sydney Town as a newly refreshed Single Gal.. This will be the year best known for best friends and moving on.
2005 -- moved back to Brisvegas.. Just realised I will have to IMDB myself to remember what brought me home.. oh yeah.. Met The Texan, went to a lot of parties, didn't work very much.. went to the Outback.. it was a meh kind of year..
2006 -- finally started to get more work again - but not as much as I would have liked.. I'm not exactly sure what I did during this year.. a couple of interesting films, a nowhere relationship, ended up in Nth Qld for 3 glorious months of fun and work..
2007 -- returned from the north and started working in reality tv, also started working on getting fit and this blog.. would go to Russia, Scandinavia, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal and London.. before returning to Sydney to start another year in reality TV..
2008 -- Busy year of work as I bounced from one TV job to the next.. continued in bloggy fitness world and developed fab bloggy friends.. I left The Texan.. I met The Italian.. I wasn't sure what was going to happen.. nothing was planned..
2009 -- I started the year working. Living in my new Single Gal Pad.. I went on a beach holiday with The Italian that seemed to change things a little.. in a good way. I turned down work on a mega movie.. actually I turned down 3 jobs.. All so I could go to the US with The Italian. Best. Holiday. Ever.. Came home, didn't work for 2 mths and then landed a job on a very interesting, going to be talked about a lot film. Still going strong with The Italian.. beginning to wonder if it will get serious serious as I adore him and think he's feeling it too.. Started having grown up thoughts of property ownership etc.. reconnected with my dad..
2010 - Bring it on! My focus for the decade is finances as well as the usual love and fun. Plus a lot more travel and of course fitness. I see a mini marathon in my sights by the end of 2010 and spending more fabulous times with my brilliant mates and current love.
Happy New Year to all of you - here's hoping you get exactly what you want for the next decade! xoxo
1 comment:
What a great synopsis, sure makes you think.
Bring it on indeed. Lots to do and plenty of fun left in the tank for the next 10 years.
Post a Comment