Monday, March 22, 2010

and 3 months in - where the bloody hell have I been!?

Well.. I had all good intentions of writing writing writing.. as much as I intended to run 3 nights a week and continue kicking anyone's butt in a push up challenge!....

What happened? Well a bloody exhausting film! seriously 14 plus hour days and then weeks and weeks of full night shoots.. plus a LOT of laziness during my down time.. very very little running and the occasional cycle with The Italian.. the last month or so it's been near impossible to drag myself out of bed before 11 on the weekends and trust me I haven't been like that since my uni days!

End result.. well fitness wise I am holding on by a tentative string.. I can do 5-10 toe push ups in a row.. I can run the occasional 3km but I am weighing in at 70 kilos and not fitting any of my clothes!

The Italian has started to mention it more.. but he's in the same boat and it's not like we eat crazy bad food - hardly. We just very rarely exercise. The repercussions are way too obvious and I had the shock of my life this morning when I braved the scales.. even knowing if the clothes don't fit then the scales aren't going to lie!!

I've yo yo'd before - on this very blog.. but I've never been close to the weight I was when I moved to blogspot land.

What's going to happen now? Well I'm 2 days away from finishing the job I'm on and have actually started on another job - working mostly by email during the day while wrapping up ends on job #1.. more challenging than I thought - but it makes the day fly!! The new job is in Sydney.. I'm still in Brisbane.. I'm moving down periodically from this Sunday and will be back and forth throughout April as I pack up the Single Gal's Pad and move to a friends place in Coogee and sublet.. then there until July and then possibly moving in with The Italian until I decide what's / where next..........................................................

There are lots of reasons for those dots....... The Italian loves me.. but can he commit? Do I want him too? Not that he looks or strays - he's a self confessed non chaser and I'm not being naive in believing that -- I know a chaser when I see one. An opportunist strayer may be in his genes.. who knows.. He would be happy in an Antarctic hut with his laptop if he had half the chance.... and Just recently someone else has been paying a LOT of attention to me and it has been distracting and eye opening.. is this a pattern?. Do I just crave the excitement or has the right person not crossed the doorstep.. I can't ask The Italian for commitment - it will be what it will be if it's what it will be for the right reasons (that sentence explains why I don't work for Hallmark!) Right now - we are good.. very good.. we are happy and really love our weekends together.. going away to Sydney will be interesting - but we already have weekend flights booked and he's going to drive down with me and stay for the first 2- 3 weeks..

2010 -- I just don't know what your plans are..

Good news though.. I ran tonight for 30 mins - did the Couch to 5Km Week 1 and did it well despite being worried.. ran extra at the end and reminded myself that the very first time I started this program I could never run the Week 1 session outdoors in it's entirety.. so once you become fit - even with a stupid amount of time off you can get right back into it. -349 Calories.. but most of all just running.. I know running has results.. body and mind! body and mind!!

1 comment:

Josh said...

She lives! Sounds like lots going on, 2010 is going to be interesting all round.

Not surprised yours is looking that way too.