Monday, May 17, 2010

Oh hello blog - you still here?

Bloody hell! You know when I get caught up in something I get really caught up.. SO. Here I am in Ole Sydney Town again - working.. well I'm just back from a weekend in Bris with The Italian - left his squishy comfy bed this morning and will have to wait another.. hmmm let me count.. another 10 days until he comes down for a weekend of beach walking and hanging out at the Randwick Races..

I can't believe where all the time has gone since I've been here! But I can report that I am being mostly good with fitness.. I did join the rather large fitness chain in Oz - and not so pleased with them as expected. That has actually helped me pursue outdoor activities again ie: running and loads and loads of walking the Eastern Beaches tracks.. I've only just started to notice it all making a difference which always has the effect of motivating me more. Last week I smashed 3000 calories with 2 1/2 hr runs, walking Coogee to Bondi and back, a 30km ride, walking over and back the new Gateway bridge in Brisbane along with strength training and generally living at the top of a huge hill! Getting 'home' from runs keeps my heartbeat up!

I've been hanging out with some good gal pals down here and grateful for the good times. It's actually nice to be relationship free every second weekend so I can gather some good quality friend time. Not that The Italian and I don't hang out with our friends when we are together - we are generally pretty social - but having good quality girlfriends to reconnect with has been rewarding. Plus I think it gives my relationship a little extra something - in the sense that I have new experiences to talk about on Skype (when I'm not flashing him my boobs - yeah I'm all classy and stuff :)

I could possibly have only 6-8 weeks left in Sydney and then have to decide where I want to live in Bris.. or I can continue to look for more work down here.. which is actually looking like the better option.. considering work is very much needed! My relationship is coping with this long distant thing very well.. As for the other person that was showing 'interest' - I have to say I wanted to hang out with him, for a drink or movie etc.. but it was never going to be innocent (and he is in a 10 yr long relationship!) so I sent a text saying as much.. he didn't respond very well and in the end showed the true colours of someone wanting a little 'bit on the side'.... le sigh. le men. le double sigh.

I'm working from home this week - apart from a face to face meeting at the office tomorrow to discuss next weeks shooting. Hopefully I'll take advantage of the extra time to smash out a few decent workouts - well a lot of decent workouts! I'm looking forward to weighing in tomorrow..

Does anyone else spend ages cooking a scrumptious and healthy meal only to actually not eat it once it's done? I've craved roast veges all day - and that's all I'm having tonight with cottage cheese.. except I went from starving to ...meh

1 comment:

Friday said...

Hey you!! Welcome back.

I miss you when yr gone!

Loved reading all about it.

Mwah

xxxxxxxxxx