And by horse I mean the treadmill, body pump and Couch to 5k.. a little Déjà vu but a good place to be. Plus it's a new city - well not that new considering I have lived here a few times - but new in the sense of a change.
This week excellent with the working out - terrible with the wine consumption - bloody awesome with the good and healthy foods. A couple of weeks back I did a no caffeine, no bread, no dairy fortnight and noticed a few things: I can live without coffee - I didn't get any headaches from stopping the intake but I don't see living without coffee for the rest of my life a thing I will do.. it's just too delicious - so every now and then I'll enjoy a saunter to the closest Campos place for a refill. I really can live without bread - but gee it limits lunch options!! and I have a wee addiction to Burgen Soy-Lin.. I just hardly eat bread these days - never white bread and certainly feel less heavy because of it. No dairy... hmm realised I wasn't huge on the dairy anyway (except see coffee sentence). No cheese for awhile feels like punishment for stacking back on the pounds - and so it should - I did.
I've been working from home this week - so when not procrastinating with Ellen and laughing at Days of Our Lives - I've been able to turn little moments into 'Exercise Moments'. For example - a trip to the store is done by taking the longest route with the most hills (thanks Coogee). When I need a break from the computer I stand up and do a session of squats, lunges or pushups - considering I'm already dagging out in trackies or workout gear I'm dressed for 'Drop and do 10!' anytime during the day (when my roomie isn't here).
I'm having a wee dilemma (in my head) about the person who was showing interest and my text to him to say - 'We need to stay away from each other'... I actually kind of miss him - mainly his texts.. we had a very quick banter by text on the w/end but the tone has seriously changed. I need to walk away now and chances are will run into him on a show somewhere down the road - though we have gone a couple of years in between working on the same gigs. I think I just like to be 'liked' and him now not responding to me in the overly positive way he used to has got under my skin. It takes everything I have NOT to text. Sometimes I hate the new technology we have! any advice is most welcome - keeping in mind he is in a 'serious' relationship of 10 years with someone he says he loves yet has been known to write the most inappropriate texts to me..
8 days until I collect The Italian from the airport for a weekend - yay!
Ok - off to the gym for a treadmill session and then Body Pump - nursing ouchy DOMS from the last session but I'll push through..
No comments:
Post a Comment