I choose to work in the industry I'm in because it changes often, is generally always interesting, my work peers are like minded gypsy's - in fact I'd say we resemble circus folk.. Of course there are down sides - long long hours.. crazy egos and politics... sometimes the end product is not exactly brilliant. Sometimes it is and when that happens you feel proud of being a part of it.. Because the Australian industry is so small we tend to work across different platforms ie: TV - factual or drama, films, commercials and sometimes animation.. I generally stick to films when there is enough of them going around and occasionally do TV shows to pay the rent in the meantime.. and that's where I am now.. I prefer film - it's more intense/interesting and at the end of the day it's why I began my career in the first place. (That's a whole other story!) So saying all that - when worlds collide and I get the opportunity to go elsewhere to a project I know I'd find better then the one I'm currently on it's almost impossible to not say yes immediately.
Except I gave my word. urrgghh. Stupid loyalty.
I can only just hope that the
industry continues to grow and that suddenly all the work won't dry up when I'm free from my current
entrapment position.
Oh and Mr Howard - JUST because you are giving the industry better tax breaks etc.. I still will not - ever - put a vote in for you or anyone associated with you. I will however take the extra $$ in my pay packet but don't think I will ever forgive you for the last 10 years. Too little - Too late. But hey - thanks for cash and rebates. It's the the least you could do.
2 comments:
do it do it go to the better thing.....
Fee you're like a little conscious devil sitting on my shoulder! :) I'll email you....
Post a Comment