I just got slapped in the face with the 80's! Now I know there has been this whole let's-do-it-again-with-outdated fashion thing going on for quite sometime but NOTHING prepared me for the sheer intensity of the fluorescent yellow and orange as I by passed Supre while in the city. I swear if I do see an oversize Choose Life shirt that hangs off the shoulder I will curl into a fetal position and rock myself to a happy place. Australia - mental note to self - please be done with these colours by the time I return in October. Please do not let it be a sign of things to come in Summer..
While I'm discussing shopping - i need to stop. now. I do not need a new handbag for europe (but I did need a new laptop bag aah em). I do not need a cute little dress in case I go to a fabulous party in London. I do need to keep my pennies in the bank so I can afford to eat. I'm sure out of the hundreds of random and often impulse bought clothing items i already have I will have quite enough to fill my suitcase and not look like a complete hobo. I must repeat to myself that shopping for such items in Australia is actually quite expensive so why not shop overseas - it's much more interesting to say 'I bought this in Helsinki' then it is to say 'I got it at an outlet store in Brisbane'.
Therefore I really have to stop leaving the house before i go - it costs me more then it should just walking to the end of my street - damn inner city living..
2 comments:
Hey babe!
have a great time away! I am so jealous but will get my europe fix at xmas.....
How is the detox by the way?
S X
thanks sue! I can't wait for you to have a holiday as well - you deserve it!
detox.. hmmm -- well today I had steamed rice for breakfast, 'fat free' ice cream for lunch and stir fry noodles for dinner - and no I'm not pregnant! just on holidays - plus I decided to do a john cusack movie marathon.. and steering clear of red wine for the moment. Leaving the country in 5 sleeps! I need to get organised.
plus I need to spend the next 2 days solid on the treadmill.
xxn
Post a Comment