Friday, October 26, 2007

The Vat of Vodka

Seems I fell into a vat of vodka the other night - or was it a 6ft tall Mojito.. not sure but according to The Texan when I was found at the front door at 7am the next morning rummaging for my house key that is what I smelt like. He's so loving me right now. I'm obviously the perfect girlfriend

It was a fab evening though - I took some friends to a gig and then the after party with the amazing band. I have managed to maintain memories of most of the entire night despite falling into the vat of vodka. I know I didn't break out my Madonna routine or cry so that's a bonus!

So at 4pm when I dragged my hungover and bruised body out of bed I got into an iChat convo with one of my oldest friends (who's fantastic gig it was). Incidentally his ex best friend from the first 19 years of his life was at the gig last night. They had a huge falling out back in the 90's and have only just now reconnected. I haven't seen him in probably 15 years - it was a weird yet lovely reunion.

4:29 PM
Oldest Friend: are you hung over? hehe
4:30 PM
N: oh god - I'm soo fucking britney and need to go to rehab! it'll be a LONG time till I drink again!!
Oldest Friend: Lol!!
Oldest Friend: you were adorable
Oldest Friend: I just hope you got home ok - you stomped off at 5 in the morning lol --or was it 7?
N: I have scraped knees so must have stomped down brunswick st hard! yep home in time to see The Texan going to work - he so loves me right now!
Oldest Friend: I Know!!! - hehe - we just woke up
N: i got up for gilmore girls because I'm tragic - and then went back to bed - just up an hour ago - can't eat
Oldest Friend: I'm fine btw heheh
N: i bet you are! I need to implant a mental note to be more like you with the drinking! i'm too old for nights like that!
Oldest Friend: I drank more than anyone
N: so - (discuss running into his ex-BF - which for paranoia of google search and RL friends - I'll keep private)
Oldest Friend: I know.. he was I have to say adorable - he sent me a text afterwards that said.. 'thank you from the bottom of my black little heart' - and he essentially spent all night apologizing to me lol
N: he doesn't mince words! he basically said to me that he was never sure if him and i were really friends - or if I was just nice to him because of you
Oldest Friend: oh god -- well to be honest.. he was an aquaintance of yours
N: i of course told him that his friendship meant a lot to me at the time
Oldest Friend: I kind of hate it when people do that though because you can't be held to task for how deep a connection you have with someone
N: true
Oldest Friend: you were lovely to him in spite of having nothing in common..
N: he also said last time he saw me I was completely fucked up - around the time ex-boyfriend #1 and i broke up..
Oldest Friend: oh yeah, you were in your beatrice dahl phase
N: I've always liked his honesty - forgot how blunt he is! but it's kind of refreashing.
N: you - by the way - are so loved by your friends. it's brilliant to see you around people that genuinely care about you.
Oldest Friend: I know.. so cute
Oldest Friend: tho it got ugly at the end with the drummer - what is it with drummers? lol
N: i know!!!! they have a rep to uphold! sometimes it's lead singers though!
D: hahaha -- usually, you're right. Ok.. I"m getting out of bed
D: I love you ms N -- and you were so cute last night
N: i love you always


***and by 'cute' he really means "I'm so glad you didn't break out your Madonna routine or cry!' bless him..

No comments: