Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Puns should be Punishable!

Dear Thai Restaurants of Sydney,

This is an order to cease and desist in regards to restaurant names that insist on being puns.

In particular the following establishments should think seriously about changing thier names:
Thai Foon
Thai Riffic
Devonshire Thai
Thainatown
Appethaizing

and

Thai me up (ok I may have invented that one - but I'm sure it exists somewhere in the world! Actually google tells me there is on in Melbourne)

As well I would insist that any Thai restaurant claiming to be 'the best Thai food in town', take down such advertising. Proclaiming you are the best does not make it fact. Especially when I am suffering from a dodgy stir fry.
That Girl who really loves Thai food just can't stand lame restaurant names!

2 comments:

missfee said...

and that's just the norths shore - Newtown does have tia me up

Anonymous said...

Here is one :

Bow Thai

*sniggers*