
I'm firmly convinced I could of done without my car in Sydney - the only thing it was useful for was transporting my doona 1000 km's and back. That and I don't know the schematics of taking an inflated fitball on a plane. Plus where else would I put the suitcase of clothes I didn't even touch. Considering the cost of parking in Sydney could of paid for a years rent on a warehouse size storage unit I will rethink ever taking my car back to the city you need to drive through 4 suburbs before you can turn right and get to where you almost started from.

So because of those stella reasons I found myself hurling my ass in my Jazz back to the land of ridiculous humidity and tacky theme parks. Home sweet sweltering Home.
I made full use of the free driver reviver stops along the way. Major shout out to the volunteer chirpy tea givers at these stops.

Arriving home sometime around 10pm I found the Texan had thought ahead and bought the wine and had the glass ready as soon as I untangled myself from the cocoon of my ipod audiobook listening device: ala the car.
As much as I detest the fact that Qld does not have daylight saving thus not helping it's status of the backward state - I did delight in flicking my watch back an hour over the border and may or may not have screamed 'free hour'! This is after 10 hrs of almost non stop driving I suspect delirium had only begun to set in..
So I'm home and apparently it's xmas tomorrow - something I am categorically ill prepared for.. If you see a grumpy super spray tanned banshee pushing people on esclators and screaming 'Stand to the fucking left people! That would be me.
No comments:
Post a Comment