Sunday, December 2, 2007

How to have a Non Weight Watchers Weekend

I’m probably at my lowest weight that I have ever been during this journey but I can guarantee you that has a LOT to do with the fact I am severely dehydrated and the minute I finish this 2 litre bottle of water I’m cradling I’ll be hanging around 65 again!

I had such a brilliant healthy week last week. Felt great on Saturday morning. Spent the day shopping for clothes (and secretly wanting to punch slow walking people in the back of the head - I’m so in that facebook group!). I couldn’t bring myself to ruin my day with bikini shopping so I’m postponing that for next week. Why is there not a swimwear designer wanting to bring back the designs of the 40’s and 50’s?? Now that’s a business I would support!

I bought the most kickass Veronika Maine shorts - in a size 10!! They look Hawt! i may never take them off. And I may just re sew the size label on the outside.. Plus I splurged on yet another pair of Campers.. I’m completely obsessed.



Some film buddies and I went out for Mexican last night - and if you haven’t been to Cafe Pacifico in Sydney already then I say make a booking and go there. Stat. Everything was delicious! Try the cactus - you won’t be disappointed. Of course you need to start with a pitcher of margarita - at $70 a pop you’ll be needing friends to help you drink it. Our waiter was a little distracted and tended to forget what we ordered or muck it up a little but he was so damn good looking and adorable we forgave him - or it was the 2nd pitcher of margarita taking affect and we didn’t give a fuck.

What to do after Mexican.. well hit the Cross of course. A member of our party was a Kings Cross nightclub virgin so we had a mission to pop that cherry considering everything sounded like a good idea after margaritas! I believe there was champagne at moulin rouge.. and possibly a ton of vodka.. I do know i kept jumping up from the lounge area we were draped in to try and get some cardio workout on the dancefloor.. I didn’t have WW in mind - I was just drunk gettin my groove on.

After one little foray to the dance floor I attracted the attention of a rather hot 23 yr old testosterone fueled boy.. he tended to follow me around for much of the evening much to the amusement of my friends and despite the fact that I had told him I was deep into my Madonna wannabe stage and edging on becoming a goth (I’m a Libran - I thought I could do both! Doc Martins were the key to both looks at the time) around the time he was born. I think that only peaked his interest more! So at some stage just as the sun was rising I lost him on the dancefloor and left with my friends to watch the dawn over the Harbour. After all I don't think The Texan back home would appreciate his girly being followed around by any hot piece of mmmmm...

I’ve only just now recovered... breakfast/lunch was Yum Cha in Chinatown and I swear i was still drunk.

Not one bit of exercise over the weekend - unless you count the dancing. But bugger it - all in the name of fun I say! There’s still a life to lead!

However right now I’d kill for some of that bounce back I had in my 20’s! Not even the best Char Su Bao couldn stave of this little killer of a hangover..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean no exercise????? Sounds like you boogied the night away with a hot young man in tow!!!! That IS exercise my dear!!!!

Lien said...

I love Veronika Maine!! I bought a new dress the other day (size 8)... like WTF?? I've NEVER been an 8. Love the sizing!! haha..

Have my WW meeting tonight. Even though I've made lifetime, still trying to keep on track but weekends nearing Christmas is the killer!! Lucky you - have 23 year olds hanging on... Saturday night, I got icky mid-40 year old trying to sound intelligent!!

Miss N said...

OSG - hahaha! amzing what losing 15kilos does for confidence and ego! though I think the yum cha negated the boogie though - but no harm done!

Lien - Oh I normally get icky dullards attempting to wile me with their 'intellect' - so I know exactly what you mean!

and yay to the size 8!! regardless of how VM cuts her clothes (perfectly btw) that's still brilliant! Hope WW goes well!