Friday, December 14, 2007

no door prize but I survived!

At approx 5.45pm yesterday afternoon a rather long rattling banana bus was waiting at the front door of our office block to transport approx god knows how many random staffers in fancy dress to a beach side hotel.



I had opted out of the fancy dress part - and seeing as the theme was the show I worked on for most of the year I just went as 'My job role on the show' - lame I know - my main focus was on free alcohol!

A few things that did happen at the party:

I pretty much sampled all the h'orderves - fuck it - I'll run tomorrow.

I didn't break out the interpretive dance moves.

Some chick gushed over me for about 1/2 an hr swearing blue she knew me years ago.. I didn't have a clue so just played along until she went in search of champagne.

I didn't drunk text a living soul!

I left before I was severly smashed - new record broken. Made possible due to charitable company cab charges.

The CEO yelled 'Shut the fuck up' at the top of his voice when he started his speech.

He was on one of these:



I missed out on one of the door prizes being: digital cameras, $1000 David Jones gift vouchers, VIP tickets to the police, Plasma tv --- and then I got too drunk to care cause I never win these things.. last wrap party they gave away 4 Kamuka World Traveling holidays.. I've been bitterly disappointed since! working on rigging the raffle system for next year..

We all ganged up on the new office PA and explained to him he will never eat lunch in daylight ever again - but he will attend many parties and have a cool job that will at least get him laid. We ceased to explain that he will probably be on blood pressure medication before he is 30..

Which is why we had one of these at the party I suspect.



For funny FUN-NEE xmas party shenanigans.Go to Steph's blog .

1 comment:

Steph said...

Well that sounds a shitload more fun than mine! Can you imagine the hijinks I could get up to an a bouncy castle thingo???? Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

If I don't get another chance, I'll wish you a very merry christmas and absolutely stellar new year.

Thanks for everything you've done.....you know what I mean ;)

Love your work.

cheers big ears!!!!

xxx