Thursday, May 15, 2008

Over facebook one poke at a time

I am DONE being facebooked by people I went to school with in the 80's who expect me to know them/ remember them/ give a shit. Here's a really good hint: If we didn't keep in contact since one second past that final bell then chances are I haven't a clue who you are anymore. Plus the minute I burnt my school uniform - for the last time - I also erased all memory of the 12 yrs I was in bogan hell.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have just articulated the reason why I'm not a on the 'social meatworks'.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, unfortunately, some mates back home refuse to email.
Apparently email is "so 2006"
*ahem*

S X

Miss N said...

miss mongret - you're a good woman for staying away!

skinny - I here ya! i'm mainly there for work people but somehow schoolies just need to tell me they have had 4 kids + since they were 17.

emharvie said...

I hear ya! What annoys me is when you don't accept their request to be your "friend" the first time, so they send another one, explaining that this is their married name, and they used to be called... I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! I just didn't like you in primary school, so I don't see why I would now. Stop wasting my time!

That said though, I do love it for keeping in touch with people I actually like.

Miss N said...

Em - EXACTLY and that is just what she did! She also went on to say she has added me as a friend after going through all my pics and confirming I did know her in 1988. FFS!! I'm not accepting obviously!

Anonymous said...

LOL, it is very frustrating. I am a bit freaked out at the moment, one of the kids from the adolescent unit I worked on back home has found me. EEKK.. She doesnt have the insight to realise that it is totally inappropriate to add me as a friend. Nightmare.
I was one of the nurses who was shoving an NG tube up her snout when she refused to eat. She called me every mofo expletive under the sun, yet she wants to be my friend.
Um. No.

Josh said...

Yep. I am right on that train with you. "Ignore" followed by a quick add to the "Now I am invisible to you f*#$&r!" list fixes it every time.

Miss N said...

Skinny - I don't blame your being freaked out. A big Ignore for that one!

Josh - hahahaha - yep I'm embracing the invisibilty.