Thursday, June 26, 2008

motivators needed

This week I've been dreaming of sitting in London traffic at peak time, starting a new job, purple elephants and then odd running down the street either training or chasing my dog.. Yep - no need for psychoanalysis there - I'm a boring shit some weeks who doesn't get enough sleep..

I'm regularly waking just before my alarm at 5 lately.. guilting myself into going to the gym - actually lying in bed having the guilt conversation mostly... Usually with 'Ok you had that *insert something from the no list* yesterday so GET UP! I roll over and tuck my phone with the alarm under the pillow. Only to then have the dog stick her face in mine as she believes any movement constitutes time for the Texan to be woken for her walk. Up I get and in the gym by 5.30 - either for Pump or just the treadmill. The free breakfast is definitely a lure there! I'm barely seeing any shift in the weight though. I'm stronger and fit. The push up challenge is going swimmingly. The weight is sticking to between 60.8 & 62.. more cardio maybe? Here's my training plan for the week - what do you think needs changing? Calorie intake is averaging 1300 - 1400 daily.. I have the 10 km Gold Coast run in 10 days..



Diet on average is:

Breakfast

Muesli /w Trim
100gr Banana
Skim coffee
Protein shake at gym

Snack

WW Cottage Cheese on 2 x Cruskits
or
50grm mix unsalted organic nut and fruit snack

Lunch

150grm Potato and WW Baked Beans
Or
Multigrain roll with light Ham and lettuce
Snack

Carrot
Or
WW Soup

Dinner

Egg White Frittata /w Roast Pumpkin
Or
Chick Stir Fry
Or
Lean Steak and Salad

2 comments:

emharvie said...

Miss N, looks like a great plan to me. I wouldn't add any cardio - maybe change a Pump session to something else to mix it up a bit more? Do you ever do weights at the gym instead? Pump tends to be high reps - if you did heavier weights and lower reps that might make a difference. Just to keep the body guessing a bit.

Miss N said...

Em - I think you're right. I do some free weights training on the weekend and generally on the mornings I'm doing strength training - but I think I have to do more or at least up the weights..