Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It all leads to laryngitis part 2

So there is obviously a lot going on at the moment.. and through it all I'm not well - can barely sleep for the coughing, which lead me to sleep on the couch last night so the Texan doesn't have to suffer (any more then he does!). I tried my first workout yesterday since the Lennox Head bike ride - and it was just upper body free weights. There is no way I can cope with any cardio at the moment - putting Sunday's Bridge to Brisbane in the possibly too hard basket.. meh - we'll see..

So last we left our intrepid travelers driving a water taxi across Sydney Harbour on route to a fairly dull album launch.. I've had my shared of them in my life and unless I have actually anything to do with the album being launched I just like to stand in the corner and drink the free alcohol until it's the right (polite) moment to bail. Which is what we did. We then headed to the Victoria Room for cocktails with old friends. 2 mojotios later it's time to move on to quite possibly the wankiest place in town - but it was the company I was with not the venue! My lord I forgot how much Sydney men sleeze on flirt. Though I got cocky and may have been a tad naughty and used it to my advantage betting men I'd get served before them at the bar first even if they had been standing there much longer then me.. May have won me a few drinks..

The place was packed and it was a little while before I noticed I couldn't find Nicky.. I knew she'd had a tad too much to drink - a guy she liked was there but not giving her what she wanted (the fool he is!). I scoured the place - and it's huge! I called and called her on her mobile. Text. Sent out a search party. Eventually I found her out on the footpath. She'd gone out for a cigarette and the wonderfully suave, bright, sophisticated and very personable (insert fucking huge time sarcasm) had decided not to let her back in. Quoting that it was full to capacity and she was a little more then tipsy.. Now number one thing that pisses me off about a scenario like this is that IT IS NOT ON to leave a single woman who may have had a little too much to drink on the footpath alone unable to find her friends. Especially if it's not her town. When I found her I pretty much said that to the bouncers - who of course just scoffed. As Nicky was actually not that bad we headed off to The Establishment. We danced. We met quite a number of wonderful people. It wasn't crowded. In essence it was the best ending to a night out with the bestie... except I don't remember giving a gorgeous french man my phone number until I got a call at 4.30am from the heavily accented Raphael asking where I had disappeared to.. Whoops! MUST STOP DOING THAT!

Nicky and I had actually gone back to the strange remote horror movie set - thanks to a $70 cab ride! Abandoned Sydney the next day at lunch time and I landed home with no voice for almost 2 days. I now have less then a week left of my holidays. The scripts for the show are due in the mail tomorrow which I will have to read over the weekend.. Mind you I know exactly what they will be like: Go out to sea to investigate a drama, say Sir alot, investigate drama, more drama created, solve drama, look knowingly out to sea, go back to land, hear there is another drama.. and lots of boats.. and water.. and grey.. :)

No comments: