Thursday, October 9, 2008

the break up update...

Oh god it's horrible! and it's made worse by the fact that I have already gone through the stages as I've been processing it all in my head for months.. The Texan is 48 hrs into it. He's emotional, almost angry (but he's not an angry kind of person) and very very quiet. I can't go home tonight. I'm going to have to give him some breathing space. Do I ring his best friend so I can get him to talk to someone other then me? His best mate went through a similar thing last year and I really want The Texan to not go too far down the path of thinking he's a loser. Because he isn't! He's wonderful. He's kind. He's smart and funny. He is just not for me - for many reasons. I'm hoping when the air clears he will see that...

4 comments:

cupcake said...

He will. As trite as it sounds, time does heal. Maybe not completely - sometimes you feel the soreness and tenderness that lurk below the surface, and sometimes they flare up if poked and prodded. But he will come to see that you did the right thing, which also happened to be the difficult thing.

Hang in there. You are a kindhearted woman, and as awful as this time is for you right now, I'm excited for you, knowing that you are about to embark on a grand adventure.

Me said...

If that is all true he will, eventually. Patience is not on your side during times such as these but I suggest you embrace the best you can :)

Friday said...

Hi Babes
Reading.. not commenting cos my life went all c*nty. This exact thing happened to me just 3 months ago and then I changed my frickin mind.. and now its me who's all upset. tee hee. I just want you to know Im thinking of you and I hope it all works out for you. Yeah I'd ring the best friend.. if you think he can help. Much love to you woman. Oh and can you pass on my thanks to Darren for all those songs that have turned me into a blubbering mess. If he doesnt stop it, im not listening anymore!!!
Take care of you.
Hugs
xxxxxx

Miss N said...

cupcake - I'm banking on time right now.. just trying to breath through it and be as kind as possible to him and myself.. I'm selfishly excited too - kind of mean possibly! but I'm feeling the need not to be miserable anymore!

orhan - can't say patience and I cohabit in this world! we try...

Friday - oh darl! c*nty times will pass! as for D and his damn love songs - sing along loudly! drown out the blubbering - I suggest doing it in the car! :)