Monday, January 26, 2009

I am bloody awesome at...

Maintaining... I hit a peak of 63 the other week and freaked out, started to get back into training and got it under control.. So I have been hanging around the 61 point something for a couple of weeks now. I was giving myself until the end of the month to at least see 6 0 together for a couple of days. I am still determined and will have to be mega disciplined with food and my time this week.

I'm thankful it's a public holiday today.. and will actually just be spending it quietly - at the gym, at home reading and possibly go visit Princess D later.. I'm avoiding all BBQ bashes - just not in the mood. The Texan has the car so my options are very limited anyway. It's been interesting having a long weekend at home without my little blue Jazz.. I've had to get on my bike if I've wanted to venture out - so that's a huge bonus! Considering I do at least 200km's in the car a week I am LOVING not driving for 3 days!

I rode to the Italian's place on Saturday - which included a killer hill.. Thighs are still burning! Italian and I have now classified what ever it is we are doing as 'seeing each other'.. 'Love hanging out together' etc.. nothing major - but it's lovely and fun.. We did have this wee conversation about the dreaded 'relationship' concept... I think his idea of a relationship is a tad different from mine.. He describes the idea of being in one as 'full of pressure'.. pressure to meet family and friends, pressure to behave a certain way, pressure to conform.. this is me paraphrasing what he said over the weekend.. When I relayed this to Princess D yesterday she actually had a bit of a laugh and said 'Well then he doesn't really know who he is dating does he!' It's common knowledge there will be no family introductions from my side unless it is an accident! As for friends - he already knows the most important people in my life and the other 'pressures' I don't quite do either... We'll see what happens - right now I just want to have fun, not think about it too much but not waste time either if it doesn't feel right at some point..

Ok - off to the gym for a while..

No comments: