Friday, January 23, 2009

Truth be known...

I've been so slack this week.. MUST make up for it on the long weekend.. Itching to go for a loooooong run.

3 days off - 3 weeks left of employment.. Next to no $$$$ to make said unemployment enjoyable.. Just livable in a N way.. Have applied for new credit card and am currently in negotiations with my bank as to why they should let me be a part of society again.. Seems - due to some dodgy housemate (6yrs ago!!!) I have this black dot against my name for all of $341.09 (I never knew this existed until I did my own credit check through Veda on myself) that prevents me from having the gift of owing my bank 14% interest regularly.. After applying unsuccessfully online I went into a real live branch and talked to a real life 'customer service specialist' while armed with a mountain of evidence to prove I have paid every bill way before due date for years, regularly save (and then spend on European holidays --ooops), have a decent income (when working and not standing in dole queue trying to explain why I'm 'freelance') and also have credit reports from all the credit reporting agencies that show I do NOT owe a cent to anyone.. Real life Customer Service Specialist seemed enthusiastic enough (was it the cleavage or winning smile?) and is trying to have my little blip manually overridden... This has been going on since Tuesday.. He absolutely promised me a call back by close of business today after I stalked him in person at lunch time.. I doubt he will call. Honestly - for the life of me I can not understand why a bank would not be throwing cashola at me! All those cashed up bogans in the suburbs have handbags full of maxed out credit cards that I'm sure are not being paid off with the baby bonuses... and me.. not owing a cent.. not much to spend on but life and rent.. just wants a little credit security. It bothers me that if something dramatic was to happen I would have to call on family (who don't have much) to help..

/end rant, anxiety attack, general feeling of unworthiness...

2 comments:

Josh said...

That is crazy.

I know so many people with excessive debt, heads just bobbing near the surface and they keep getting offered more.

I kid you not, one girl has close to 60k in maxed out cards and just got finance approved on a 100k SLK.

It seems that the less you have borrowed in the past, the less worthy you seem to be.

Miss N said...

Josh - I know it's crazy! and when I stand before people working in a bank who most likely make less money then me I know THEY know it's crazy! I have a ton of people around me in huge debt getting card after card thrown at them... errgg.