Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Is it really only Wednesday??

I've scored Friday off which was about as easy as bedding Johnny Depp and George Clooney at the same time - though not as much fun! (so I **ahem imagine)

I'm owed travel days for relocating to Sydney for the start of this job as well as the drive back (2 full 10hr days).. Company policy is they don't recognise 'travel days' - but I'm a good bullshitter arguer and made my point well.. or my boss just caved in quickly because he won't be here that day either. He also knows I know a thing or 2 about the Motion Picture Production Agreement we work under. Plus he likes me I suspect and is happy to keep me happy.

I'm not taking the day for anything in particular. Just chores.. workouts.. shopping for food for the Harbour Cruise the following day and then picking up a girlfriend from the airport who is here to drink with me visit me and friends for 5 days.. She's just had a break up so there will be lots of vodka and hopefully noone will fall overboard!

Last night I got stood up.. but technically the person involved had emailed me to say they weren't making it - 1/2 an hr before they were meant to! Emailing me when I'm not online and the original plans were made by phone does not work well in your favour!

Good news is that I hit the gym hard last night for an hour and then again this morning. Tonight I'll run.

For the record I am now convinced large chain gyms are NOT the way to go - particularly a certain Fitness First in Sydney. Oh how I miss my Brissy gym with their friendly smiles, very helpful attitudes, great cardio machines(that all work!), fabulous group exercise timetable and most of all a clean and fresh environment. Out of 3 treadmills I tried this morning at the local FF - 2 of them were particularly shonky. So much so that I thought there was another treadmill accident waiting to happen. The third one was ok but the headset connector thing to the tv's on the wall either worked in 2 ways - not or with the volume up so loud the folks in bodypump could probably hear it. Most of all I hate the faceless/nameless feeling you get in such a huge gym. My gym at home is not baby small and in fact at peak times its nutso crazy and there can be a little wait for some machines - but they always say hello and use my name and ALWAYS have time for questions. Most importantly I've never know thier machines to be 'Out of Order' for more then a day without being fixed - something a large company like Fitness First could wrap thier profit driven minds around. Lucky I'm only in a trial period with them at the moment.. /end rant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Fitness First "FF" is the gymanasium equivalent to McCafe for the coffee snob.

"FF" - Fitness Fuckers

Anonymous said...

You are on fire N!!
I am still unbelievably jealous that you get to have such a cool job AND be in Sydney to do it!

emharvie said...

Where abouts in Sydney have you moved to? I love my FF cause I know so many people and it becomes a social thing as well as a fitness thing. Although I totally agree with you on the equipment - they can be a bit slow in getting things fixed.

Miss N said...

Kitty - Ha! I will forever now use the term Fitness Fuckers to describe them. Spot on!

Skinny - oh so skinny now we should call you! I'm missing brissy but it's fun being here. I think the hot 23 yr old gave me enough of an ego boost to keep my running shoes moving!

Em - I'm in North Sydney.. The location of the gym is great but the equipment is just dodgy and I really don't find the whole environment inviting - especially as a person who doesn't know anyone else there. It's great that you love yours! That's got to be a bonus!