I knew the moment I started running tonight that I could easily get to 15 min.. must of been the enforced rest day I had yesterday... This morning when I was walking the comedian dog I also managed these stairs that have been a massive challenge for the past 2 weeks - and today I almost ran up them! So it was feeling pretty good when I got to running for 15 - then 20 (!) then 25 minutes!!!
Lets take a journey back to when breaking 3 minutes was a major achievement... shall we. What about when the idea of 5min was almost terrifying.. 5 min (OMG!!)
Oh and didn't I get excited when I reached 8mins for the first time..
So I think I've tripled that excitement and officially graduated from Wk 5 C25k by technically doing a Wk 6 session 3 run.
I can now completely understand why exercise is so addictive - when the fitness starts building it's such an amazing thing to keep getting better and reaching levels I haven't been to since I played high school Netball.. Or since I was able to dance from dusk till dawn with no alcohol to keep me going - ahh now they were fun days!
So the 25 good reasons?? Every minute I didn't feel like giving up tonight.
1 comment:
Good for you! I can think of 25 fabulous ways to celebrate your accomplishment, but about 20 of them involve food. Probably not the way to go, eh?
Post a Comment